Join us at Tsawwassen Springs and come out and play a round of golf to support a wonderful cause. For every green fee we receive on Thursday, November 10th & Friday, November 11th we will contribute $10.00 towards the Poppy Fund.
Your poppy donations at work:
For years, you’ve generously donated and proudly wore your poppies to show you remember. Did you ever wonder where the money goes? Although the annual poppy campaign only lasts for a couple of weeks each fall, poppy funds are hard at work all year long.
Here are a few examples of your poppy donations at work:
- Assisting any person (and their dependents) who is serving (or who has honourably served) in the Canadian Forces and are in need of assistance.
- Legion Veterans Transition Program (at UBC): a relief & recovery program for trauma-related stress from military service.
- Housing for homeless veterans, such as Cockrell House in Victoria
- Disaster relief when declared by governments.
- George Derby Veterans Home
- Community medical equipment and research
We look forward to seeing you on the course!